Friday, January 13, 2012

2011, a year in review. part 1

2011 was one of those...fast, years.   Don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff happened, we did a lot of things, but the year just breezed by.

I'm sure that my wife will remind me of all the things I'm forgetting, but at the moment this is the state of my memory.

Sadly, we didn't get nearly as much snow in the early months as we had the previous year, we definitely prepared for another blizzard.  The wife and I really enjoy our fireplace, and it was our second year buying a 1/8 cord of firewood.  But alas, we were barely snowed in, but the company in front of the fire was still nice. :-)

The next big thing we prepared for was our cruise to Alaska !  I was worried about the money, and didn't want to go, but ultimately I was talked (forced) into it.  We began making our payments, and started planning to slip out to the last frontier in the beginning of July.

Fate of course had other plans.  Near the end of May, our7 year old, 17 pound male cat, Alex, developed a blockage in his urethra that we later learned could have been life threatening.  About $6000 later, we had Alex back in our home after a perineal-urethrostomy (PU) surgery, with 2 looong weeks of recovery.  Besides being a bit of a scary time, it definitely put our cruise in perspective, considering that we could have gone on 3 of them for the cost of Alex's emergency care.

No comments:

Post a Comment